This healthy vegan chocolate avocado pudding is so tasty and you won't believe how easy it is to make! Simply blend avocado, cacao powder and a hint of maple syrup to get a silky rich pudding. No cooking required and done within minutes!
I make this easy vegan chocolate pudding when I feel like treating myself to something very special, but without all the fuss. It really feels like a treat and I enjoy knowing that I get my serving of healthy fats (oh, hello avocado!) in a chocolate form.
Actually, if I want to make sure I get a portion for myself, then I have to make it after our kids's bedtime. They inhale this pudding like they never had chocolate before!
How to make this vegan chocolate avocado pudding
This dessert is so easy to make and you only need 3 simple ingredients: Avocado + Cacao powder + maple syrup.
The high fat content from the avocado makes them such a great base to make this dessert. No dairy required!
To prepare it, simply process the ingredients together until you reach that fluffy, silky and almost mousse-like texture. You can then adjust the sweetness level to your taste.
I like using the food processor to combine the ingredients together since my larger blender cannot handle a smaller volume. But both the food processor and blender work well.
Watch how to make it
Tips for the perfect pudding!
- Your pudding will be extra delicious if using ripened yet still firm avocados.
- Use cacao powder instead of cocoa powder for a non-processed version.
- If looking to add even more flavors to your pudding, then try adding a pinch of cinnamon, instant coffee or vanilla extract to the food processor.
- This recipe makes for a rather thick pudding. If you prefer a thinner texture, then add a splash of non dairy milk to the food processor until desired consistency.
How to serve this vegan chocolate avocado pudding
This pudding is delicious just eaten as is, but also is a great base to create your own personalized dessert:
- Simply scoop individual portions in small bowls and add the toppings of your choice like fresh fruits, nuts, chocolate chips or shredded coconut.
- Layer it with cereals, granola, fresh fruits and flaxseed pudding to make a decadent chocolate parfait. Yum!
- Use it as a fun sweet chocolate dip for crackers, fresh fruits or pretzels. Perfect for kids parties!
- This pudding is so rich, creamy and thick that it also makes for the perfect healthy cupcake frosting! No one will know it's made out of avocados!
How to store this chocolate pudding
This dessert is best when served immediately, since the flavor from the blended avocado can change with time.
If you do have leftovers, then store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours and give it a good whisk before enjoying.
Other chocolate recipes you might like
- Black bean brownies
- Oat milk chocolate pudding
- Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies
- Mocha chia pudding
- Chocolate milkshake
- Strawberry chocolate baked oatmeal
- Beetroot chocolate muffins
- Mini matcha brownies
- Rice krispie treats
- Vegan blondies
- Vegan chocolate orange cake
I hope you will love this chocolate pudding recipe as much as we do! If you try it, please leave a comment below and rate the recipe to let us know how it was.
Vegan Chocolate Avocado Pudding - Only 3 ingredients!
- Food processor
- 2 medium size avocados - ripened
- 6 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 5-6 tbsp maple syrup - or to taste
- Combine the avocados, cacao powder and maple syrup in a food processor and process for about 30-60 seconds or until very smooth.
- Transfer in small bowls, add the toppings of your choice and eat immediately.
- It is best when eaten immediately. Keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- This pudding is amazing topped with fresh fruits, nuts, cereals, shredded coconut, chocolate chips.