This vibrant passion fruit mocktail is super fruity and made without alcohol, so everyone can enjoy it. Using homemade passion fruit syrup gives a tart yet super floral sweet flavor to this mocktail that's so unique. You should make this fun tropical mocktail at your next party!
We are now in the middle of January and since I know a lot of you participate in the alcohol-free January challenge, I wanted to share one of my most recent favorite mocktail recipes to make at home.
No alcohol doesn't have to mean no fun and no delicious sparkly drinks!
Plus, I posted this passion fruit syrup not that long ago, so I wanted to share an amazing way to use it: Passion Fruit Mocktail!
Why do we love this non-alcoholic drink so much? Aside from its amazing sweet flavor and beautiful refreshing look, this mocktail recipe is super exotic and will deliver an instant breeze of sunny and beachy island vibe into your kitchen. And I'm sure this is something we all need right now that we are halfway through the winter.
Also super easy to make, whether you are used to making drinks yourself or not. You will love how healthy and festive this mocktail recipe is! The nice tangy flavor from the fresh passion fruits is amazing when paired with pineapple juice and a little sparkling water.
And what a delicious and fun way to enjoy fresh passion fruits. They are tiny in size, but once you open them up, they deliver such a big punch of flavor that's very unique. So, next time you walk by the exotic fruit stand at the grocery store, grab a few passion fruits and treat yourself to a radiant passion fruit mocktail. You deserve it ❤️
Hope you like it! ☀️
Why this recipe works
- Very flavorful with a hint of festive bubbles.
- Great non-alcoholic drink recipe to prepare for the whole family, even kids!
- Healthier mocktail recipe that includes a homemade vitamin-rich passion fruit syrup made without refined white sugar (and no preservatives!).
- Delicious fruity flavor.
- Super easy and quick to make.
- Perfect for parties, holidays or any gathering.
What you will need
- Passion fruit syrup: made using fresh passion fruits, liquid sweetener and a little water. Very easy and simple!
- Pineapple juice or orange juice: I used the pineapple juice from the brand R.W Knudsen that I found at Whole Food Markets, although you can use your favorite brand.
- Fresh lime: for added zesty flavor.
- Sparkling water: such as San Pellegrino. I love how this brand offers a less bubbly sparkling water, but use your favorite kind.
- Ice cubes: to serve.
How to make it
Make the passion fruit syrup
Super easy to make and quick, this no-cook fruit simple syrup can be made ahead and kept in the fridge until you are ready to make your mocktail. All you will need is passion fruits, sweetener and water, plus a fine-mesh strainer.
Assemble the mocktail
In a serving glass, add a handful of ice cubes and then, pour the pineapple juice, lime juice, passion fruit syrup and top it off with some sparkling water.
You can also add some more passion fruit seeds for a nice contrast if you want.
Stir well and enjoy right away.
Watch how to make it
- Adjust ratios to your taste: for a sweeter mocktail, add more passion fruit syrup and for a fruitier result, then include more pineapple or orange juice.
- If you don't want to use store-bought pineapple juice, then you can simple squeeze the juice from a large Navel orange.
- Be sure to use ripe passion fruits when making the syrup for best sweet flavor. If the fruits are on the tarter side, then you can also add more sweetener to your mocktail.
- Passion fruit mojito mocktail: feel free to add some fresh mint to your mocktail! In that case, add some mint to the bottom of your serving glass with the lime juice. Then, muddle or crush the leaves to slightly break them up and help them release their flavorful oils. Once done, add the ice cubes, pineapple juice and passion fruit syrup. Then, stir and enjoy.
- Coconut passion fruit mocktail: swap the pineapple or orange juice for coconut water. This would keep the fruity flavor focused on the passion fruits.
- Ginger passion fruit mocktail: swap the sparkling water for ginger beer.
Yes! If you are planning on making only one mocktail, then you can skip making the syrup beforehand. To make it without syrup, then extract and strain the juice from one passion fruit directly into your serving glass, then add ice cubes, lime juice, pineapple juice and sweetener to taste. Top it off with the sparkling water and add some of the seeds back to your mocktail for a punch of contrast.
You can make 3-4 mocktails using the batch of passion fruit syrup, so feel free to triple or quadruple the mocktail recipe and serve it in a pitcher. Be sure to pour the sparkling water only when ready to serve the mocktail for best bubbly effect!
If you are hosting and want to serve this mocktail to your guests, then yes, you can make most of it ahead. In that case, add the ice cubes and pour the sparkling water at the very last minute just before serving. I have to say though that simply making the passion fruit syrup ahead of time will make the drinks so quick and easy to prepare later on since all you will have to do is combine a few ingredients in serving glasses.
Yes, of course. In that case, you might want to add a little less syrup and add more as you go since store bought simple syrup might be sweeter.
More mocktail recipes you might like
- Strawberry mojito mocktail
- Pina colada mocktail
- Watermelon mint mojito mocktail
- Cranberry orange sparkling mocktail
I hope you like this passion fruit mocktail recipe as much as we do! If you try it, please leave a comment below and rate the recipe to let me know how it was. Your feedback is so helpful!
Let's stay in touch with Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook. Also, don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter to be sure not to miss anything.
Passion Fruit Mocktail
- 2 tbsp homemade passion fruit syrup (or 1 ounce) - see note for the recipe, or use store-bought
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ cup pineapple juice - or freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¾ cup sparkling water - or to taste
- ice cubes
- Fill a serving glass with ice cubes and then pour over the pineapple juice, passion fruit syrup, lime juice and top it off with sparkling water. Add some of the passion fruit seeds back to the mocktail, if desired. Enjoy right away
- Here you can find the passion fruit syrup recipe. You can (and I recommend you to) make it ahead of time so this mocktail can be done within a few minutes.
- You can swap the pineapple juice for freshly squeezed orange juice or coconut water. For a gingery flavor, use ginger beer instead.
Yum and yum! Just made this, was delicious!
Hi Natacha! I'm glad you liked it! 🙂
«Very good! It was pretty easy and I’m happy to have more of the passion fruit syrup to make it again this week!
Hi Sonia, thanks for sharing! I'm glad you liked it!