This Vegan Strawberry and chocolate baked oatmeal is such a delicious and satisfying breakfast. Filled with oats, flax seeds and juicy fresh strawberries, it’s going to be a great healthy start to your day while still being so decadent, thanks to the dark chocolate.
Baked oatmeals are very popular among the little people in my house. The ingredients for making it are mostly what you would use for regular oatmeal (well, maybe without the chocolate), but the result looks and tastes more like a cake. What!?! Cake for breakfast? Sounds quite amazing.
How to make this Strawberry and chocolate baked oatmeal?
It comes together within 15 minutes and will take 40 minutes in the oven to cook, just enough time for you to finish that first cup of coffee.
Mix together the dried ingredients (oats + ground flax seeds + baking powder + salt). Then add the wet ingredients (almond milk + liquid sweetener + melted coconut oil + vanilla extract). Finally, comes the co-stars of the recipe: chopped strawberries and dark chocolate.
Cook the mixture for about 40 minutes, then let it rest for about 10 minutes at room temperature.
How to eat this breakfast?
This baked oatmeal is better eaten with a spoon when just out of the oven. You can serve it with my Spiced coconut whipped cream for the ultimate special treat or simply coconut yogurt. The more you let this bake rest and cool down, the more it will set and hold together. After a few days in the fridge, this baked oatmeal is especially delicious warmed up in the microwave and served with a splash of almond milk on top.
Healthy breakfasts should also be planned and prepared ahead!
Making overnight oatmeals or fruit parfaits (check out this amazing coconut pineapple chia parfait, yum!) are easy ways to have interesting new breakfasts that are tasty and easy, without spending much time in the kitchen on busy mornings. Baked oatmeals are delicious for days after you make it, so prepare it on the weekend and enjoy this hearty breakfast all week long! Just store it in the fridge once cooled down and reheat individual portions in the microwave when ready to eat.
Don’t want to miss anything? Subscribe to my Newsletter and follow me on Instagram and Pinterest to stay in the loop!
Strawberry and chocolate baked oatmeal
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp grounded flax seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh strawberries roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven at 375°.
- In a large bowl: mix the oats, flax seeds, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe medium bowl: melt the coconut oil 30 seconds in the microwave. Then, add the almond milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract. The coconut oil might harden a bit after adding the cool ingredients, that's fine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the oat mixture and mix well.
- Add the chopped strawberries and chocolate chips and combine everything well.
- Transfer to a 9 x 9 baking dish and make sure to distribute evenly the oats and liquid. Cook, uncovered, for 40 minutes.
- Take the baked oatmeal out of the oven and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes before cutting and eating. Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.