This creamy dill chickpea salad is so refreshing and satisfying. Filled with fresh dill and tangy lemon juice, this salad is perfect eaten straight from the bowl or as a wrap filling. Make more to have tasty leftovers! Vegan and gluten-free.
How to make this creamy dill chickpea salad:
This salad is made within 20 minutes, or less if you are good at chopping vegetables!
You will start by mixing the sauce ingredients together in a bowl. The base is vegan mayonnaise that is flavored with fresh dill, garlic, capers, lemon juice, dijon mustard and a hint of maple syrup. This sauce is a perfect balance between tangy, sweet and savory So very delicious.
Then, all the good stuff goes in there: Chickpeas, red peppers, celery and green onions.
There is a lot of fresh dill in this creamy salad! I just love dill so much. Like in these spinach and chickpea croquettes or these buckwheat crepes, this herb makes the whole dish somehow more refreshing.
How to eat this salad
– This fresh summer salad is delicious eaten straight from the bowl. I like to serve mine over a bed of crisp lettuce with sliced cucumbers or simple brown rice.
– It also makes for a great baked potato stuffing! Just like in these lentil stuffed potatoes, I love to batch cook baked potatoes and then stuff them with various healthy mixture.
– If you want to eat this salad mix inside a classic sandwich using regular bread, I recommend to process the mixture in a food processor for a few seconds. This will allow to reach a more uniform texture that holds better.
If you are looking for a no added fat bean recipe, make sure you check out my Bean salad with chilli-lime dressing!
Creamy dill chickpea salad
- 15 oz canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 stalk of celery diced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1/2 red pepper diced
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp capers roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- pepper to taste
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Leftovers stay good in the fridge for 2 days.