This spicy jalapeño peach salsa is SO fresh and delicious. It can brighten up very simple dishes and makes for a perfect healthy dip for tortilla chips.
Peach salsa (or peach muffins!) is often the first thing I make when the fresh in-season peaches hit the grocery stores. It's a super fun fruit salsa that combines sweet and savory flavors together and makes for a great change from the classic only-tomato salsa.
You will only need simple and wholesome ingredients to make it and it can be wrapped up in no time. I love how it adds lots of freshness to many dishes, from tacos to burgers to simple roasted tofu. Use in-season fresh peaches for best results and let them do most of the work to to make this peach salsa SO delicious.
Spicy jalapeño peach salsa ingredients
- Peach. I prefer using yellow peaches for their classic peachy taste and bright color, but extra sweet white peaches would work well too.
- Tomatoes. You can use Roma tomatoes to avoid a watered down salsa. If you don't have them, just use regular tomatoes and remove the seeds inside. Cherry tomatoes are great too for this salsa.
- Jalapeño. You can adjust the heat level by using more or less of it. If you are in a fiery mood, leave the seeds in too!
- Red onion. I love how milder and sweeter they are compared to yellow onion, which is better when eating it raw. Green onion would work too.
- Cilantro. It has that complex almost lemony flavor that brings all these fresh summery ingredients together.
- Fresh limes. The sweet zesty flavor from freshly squeezed limes is what blend all the flavors together.
How to make this peach salsa
It does not get any easier than this, just chop and mix! This recipe should only take about 15 minutes to prepare, or less if you are good at chopping!
I prefer to chop the ingredients by hand instead of using a food processor so it keeps this salsa chunkier.
Watch how to make it
Serving suggestions for this peach salsa
This peach salsa would make for great toppings for any tacos, quesadillas or burgers. Or, use it to garnish a simple rice and bean bowl or roasted vegetables (asparagus, green beans, potatoes). Make avocado boats for a fun kid version: just omit the jalapeño, cut avocados in half and fill them with this salsa. They can eat them with a spoon, so fun! But really, the BEST way is to simply dig in the salsa bowl with tortilla chips!
Keep the leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days. The water from the fruit and vegetables will ooze out as it rests, so the fresher the better!
Other dips you might like
I hope you enjoy this peach salsa as much as we do! If you try it, please leave a comment below and rate the recipe to let us know how it was. Your feedback is so helpful!
- 3 yellow peaches - diced
- 1 ½ cup fresh tomatoes - diced
- ½ cup red onion - finely diced
- ½ cup cilantro - chopped
- 1 jalapeno - finely diced
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ½ tsp salt - or to taste
- Combine all the ingredient together in a medium bowl. Taste and adjust the salt.
- Serve it simply with tortilla chips or add it to beans, tacos, burgers, etc.
- This salsa is better served immediately, but keep the leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.