This Vegan Lemon cashew ricotta is very easy to make and so tasty. Aside from soaking the cashews, this recipe will come together within 10 minutes with only a few simple ingredients. And it tastes just like the real one!
How to make it?
Soaked cashews and flavorful ingredients (nutritional yeast, lemon juice, garlic powder and salt) are blended together in a food processor. It is that easy!
The key to get a great ricotta is to taste along the way when processing the mixture: the ricotta is ready once you have reached a very smooth texture. Also, adjust the salt and lemon juice amount to your taste.
How to eat this vegan lemon cashew ricotta:
– Stuff it: This ricotta would be an amazing lasagna filling, just use it as you would with regular dairy ricotta. Or try to stuff pasta shells with it and drizzle tomato sauce on top. Yum! I also love using it as a simple creamy sauce for spaghetti with fresh basil and chopped cherry tomatoes.
– Spread it: Delicious simply on crackers. This ricotta can also be used as a fun spread for sandwiches instead of mayo (goes well with sliced cucumbers and fresh herbs). Also, try adding some to your next pizza night!
– Dip it: How fun would this ricotta be as a veggie dip? It can also be a great base to add more ingredients to it if you want. Try adding fresh herbs or softened and chopped sun-dried tomatoes, maybe even some lemon zest with more lemon juice.
If you are looking for more vegan cheezy sauce, then check out this Vegan White Queso! Also, don’t forget to subscribe to my Newsletter and to follow me on Instagram and Pinterest to be sure not to miss any updates!
Vegan Lemon cashew ricotta
- Food processor
- 1 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked, rinsed and drained
- 4 1/2 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- black pepper to taste
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients and process for about 1-2 minutes until you reach a smooth texture. You will need to stop the food processor a few times to scrape the walls.
- Keep in a air-tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Delicious in pasta with veggies or spread in sandwiches or on crackers.