This peanut butter sauce is so easy to make and bursting with delicious asian flavors. It only requires a few simple ingredients to come together and you will love how versatile this sauce is.
Peanut butter has never been my thing. I’m just not a peanut butter on toast type of person, but boy, this savory peanut butter sauce is so very delicious. It always disappears so fast when I make it. It has a good dose of umami addictive flavor with a slight sweet touch and a perfect tangy addition.
How to make this peanut butter sauce:
Everything goes in the blender! Make it within 10 minutes on a busy night and you can wrap up a meal in no time.
You can adjust the garlicky level to your taste and also, add a hint of sriracha if desired.
How to eat this sauce:
– Drizzle it: Serve it simply over noodles and vegetables, just use what you have in the fridge and this sauce will bring all the flavors to your meal.
– Dip it: Just roast some tofu in a stick shape and dip it in the sauce for a filling snack (my kids would eat a whole tofu block that way if I don’t stop them). It also makes for an amazing dipping sauce for veggie spring rolls.
– Swap it: Are you a veggie sushis amateur? This sauce would be a fun swap from the regular dipping soy sauce. Also, use this sauce instead of mayo and filled your sandwich with tofu and veggies.
It worth making double batch of this sauce to reuse during the week for your lunches (combine with brown rice + few chopped veggies + tofu).
If you like this sauce, you should also check out this Sweet and Spicy orange sauce for a spicy asian flavored sauce.
Don’t want to miss any updates? Then be sure to subscribe to my Newsletter and follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.
Peanut butter sauce
- 1 cup unsweetened peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp soy sauce or tamari for a gluten-free option
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 4 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 clove of garlic (about 1 tsp)
- spicy sriracha sauce to taste optional
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until you reached a smooth and almost whipped texture.
- Stays good in the fridge for up to 3 days.