This vegan cauliflower Alfredo is perfect for when you crave comfort food but don’t want to indulge on a heavy meal. Puréed cauliflower is combined with a few simple ingredients to make this sauce very creamy and so tasty. This healthy meal is low in fat and dairy-free.
Whenever I make this recipe, I think about my sister. She looooves Alfredo sauce. Growing up, it would always be “fettuccini Alfredo” when we would go out to a restaurant as a family or her dinner of choice made by my mom for her birthday. The salty extra rich dairy sauce was just the ultimate comfort food.
This recipe is a much healthier version of the classic Alfredo. It is made with lots of cauliflower (hiding vegetables in pasta sauce is one of my favorite thing to do in the kitchen!), but you can hardly notice it is there. The cauliflower allows you to get a good amount of sauce that is low in fat and super healthy.
How to make this vegan cauliflower Alfredo
This sauce is very smooth with a mild cheesy taste and not too thick nor too watery, just the right texture to coat and stick to the noodles. To reach that silky texture, you will:
1 – Boil or steam cauliflower until cooked.
2 – Transfer to a blender and blend with a few spices and flavorful ingredients (nutritional yeast, garlic, salt and lemon juice) to boost the taste of the veggie.
3- Combine with the pasta of your choice. Choose zucchini noodles to make it a grain free option.
This sauce is delicious with extra lemon juice, so don’t hesitate to serve it with sliced lemon pieces on the side.
This simple and quick sauce makes for a perfect complete meal, but what’s really fun about it is to add some toppings to brighten up the plates.
– I love the classic bright green peas mix in this case, but the options are endless. Try it with roasted mushrooms and garlic, cooked onion and red pepper or wilted spinach and roasted zucchini.
Also, this vegan parmesan cheese is the perfect savory topping!
I hope you will love this creamy pasta dish as much as I do! If you try it, please leave a comment below to let me know how it was.
More creamy pasta dishes you might like
- Butternut squash Mac and Cheese
- Vegetable pasta sauce
- Vegan cajun pasta
- Garlic cream Primavera pasta bake
- Vegan white sauce for pasta
Vegan Cauliflower Alfredo
- 1 small head of cauliflower, about 4-5 cup roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp nutritionnal yeast
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp vegan butter optional
- Steam or boil the cauliflower until very well cooked, about 15-20 minutes. Drain well.
- Add the cauliflower and all the other ingredients to the blender and blend for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm with the pasta of your choice.