This lemony cauliflower Alfredo is perfect for when you crave comfort food but don’t want to indulge on a heavy meal. Puréed cauliflower is combined with a few simple ingredients to make this sauce very creamy and so tasty. This healthy meal is low in fat and dairy-free.
Whenever I make this recipe, I think about my sister. She looooves alfredo sauce. Growing up, it would always be “fettuccini alfredo” when we would go out to a restaurant as a family or her dinner of choice made by my mom for her birthday. The salty extra rich dairy sauce was just the ultimate comfort food for any occasion.
This recipe is a much healthier version of the classic Alfredo. It is made with a good load of cauliflower, but you can hardly notice it is there. Hiding vegetables in pasta sauce is one of my favorite cooking exploits! You will love how the cauliflower allows you to get a good amount of sauce that is low in fat and super healthy.
How to make this Lemony cauliflower alfredo:
This sauce is very smooth with a mild cheezy taste and not too thick nor too watery, just the right texture to coat and stick to the noodles. To reach that silky texture, you will:
1 – Boil or steam cauliflower until cooked.
2 – Transfer to a blender and blend with a few spices and flavorful ingredients (nutritional yeast, garlic, salt and lemon juice) to boost the taste of the veggie.
3- Mix with the pasta of your choice. Choose zucchini noodles to make it a grain free option.
This sauce is delicious with extra lemon juice, so don’t hesitate to serve it with sliced lemon pieces on the side.
Make this recipe your own!
This simple and quick sauce makes for a perfect complete meal, but what’s really fun about it is to add some toppings to brighten up the plates.
– I love the classic bright green peas mix in this case, but the options are endless. Try it with roasted mushrooms and garlic, cooked onion and red pepper or wilted spinach and roasted zucchini.
– Also, this pasta dish pairs well with this delicious Cheezy nut crumble. Just scroll all the way down of the blog post to find the easy recipe.
I hope you will love this creamy pasta dish as much as I do! If you try it, please leave a comment below to let me know how it was.
If you are looking for more creamy pasta dishes ideas, check out these recipes:
– Butternut squash Mac and Cheese
– Simple Tex-Mex pasta
– Vegetable pasta sauce
Lemon cauliflower alfredo
- 1 small head of cauliflower, about 4-5 cup roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp nutritionnal yeast
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp vegan butter optional
- Steam or boil the cauliflower until very well cooked, about 15-20 minutes. Drain well.
- Add the cauliflower and all the other ingredients to the blender and blend for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm with the pasta of your choice.