Banana & Vanilla Chai Latte Smoothie with Dates
This Chai smoothie is a dreamy rich combo of spiced flavor with sweet bananas. It features all the spices you love from a Chai latte, but also with a hint of vanilla and is naturally sweetened with dates. It makes for a wholesome breakfast or snack or even light dessert!
- 2 frozen bananas
- ½ cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 ¾ cup vegan plain milk - or more if needed, unsweetened
- 2-3 medjool dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE FOR UPDATES! SHARE ON FACEBOOK SHARE BY EMAIL
- To make this smoothie nut-free: swap the almond butter for pumpkin seed butter and make sure to use nut-free non dairy milk.
- If you don't have a high-speed blender, then consider soaking the oats in the milk for 15-20 minutes before adding to your blender. You can also soak the dates in boiling water for a few minutes to soften them as well.
- Frozen bananas can be stubborn when blending, so use a spatula to check if there are some pieces of fruits left behind before pouring into your glass.
- Blending your frozen bananas smoothie for too long can result in a warmer drink. If this happens, simply add a few ice cubes and blend again to chill your shake.
- When making a frozen banana fruit smoothie, add the liquid first. This will help the blending.
- Slice the frozen bananas before adding to the blender for easier blending.