Vegan Watermelon Salad with Mint and Cucumber
This vegan watermelon salad is such a fantastic summer dish. Made with cucumber, vegan feta cheese, mint and lemon, it makes for a zesty refreshing salad that’s perfect to rehydrate on a hot day. Bring it to potlucks or make it at BBQs for an eye-catching side salad that everyone will love.
- 4 cups watermelon - cubed in bite size
- 3 cups cucumber - cubed in bite size
- ½ cup fresh mint - minced
- ⅓ cup sliced red onion
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ lemon, zested
- ¼ tsp salt - or to taste
- 1 batch of vegan feta cheese - homemade or store-bought, cubed
Start by making the tofu feta cheese (make the day before if possible). You can also use store bought cheese.
Cube the watermelon and cucumber. Mince the mint and red onion.
In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, cucumber, mint and red onion. Add the tofu-feta, lemon juice, lemon zest and salt to taste. Mix gently. Enjoy!
CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE FOR UPDATES! SHARE ON FACEBOOK SHARE BY EMAIL
- This salad is best when eaten on the same day, but leftovers can be kept in the fridge for a day or two (the watermelon can get soggy while storing).