Healthy bean salad with chili-lime dressing
This fresh and summery salad will be perfect for the hot days coming ahead. Enjoy it as it is straight from the bowl or use it for taco filling or burrito stuffing.
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp garlic - crushed
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ½ to ¾ tsp salt - or to taste
- ½ cup cilantro - chopped, plus more for topping
- black pepper - to taste
- 15 oz canned black bean - rinsed and drained
- 15 oz canned red kidney bean - rinsed and drained
- 2 cooked cobs of corn - kernel removed - see note in the blog- (or about 1 cup of thawed frozen corn)
- ¾ cup fresh tomatoes - diced
- 1 red or yellow pepper - diced
- ¼ cup red onion - diced
CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE FOR UPDATES! SHARE ON FACEBOOK SHARE BY EMAIL
Make the salad:
In a large bowl, mix all the salad ingredients together and combine with the dressing.
Top with more fresh cilantro if desired. Enjoy!