Salted Tahini Caramel
This quick & easy salted tahini caramel sauce is one of my favorite plant-based pantry recipes. Done within 2 minutes, no cook and fully vegan and dairy-free. Use over ice cream, brownies, in oatmeals and so much more. Loaded with a nice sweet nutty flavor and makes for a healthy twist on the classic caramel sauce.
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup tahini - pourable consistency
- pinch of kosher salt - to taste
CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE FOR UPDATES!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
SHARE BY EMAIL
- If you are using a thicker tahini, then you might need to add more maple syrup to loosen up its texture.
- I know maple syrup is kinda expensive, but I believe that agave nectar would work too instead. Just start with a little less and adjust the amount as needed (maple syrup and agave don't have the exact same consistency).
- Flavor the tahini caramel by adding cinnamon, cardamom or vanilla extract.