Chunky Vegan Leek and Potato Soup with Cauliflower
This creamy yet chunky vegan leek and potato soup is SO delicious, super filling and extra easy to make. It combines leeks, potatoes, cauliflower, carrots and garlic for the best cozy bowl of deliciousness. Fully dairy-free and gluten-free, plus it is good-for-you!
- 2 large leeks - chopped and cleaned
- 2 cloves of garlic - crushed
- 1 small head of cauliflower - chopped in florets
- 2 cups white Yukon gold potatoes (or Russet) - peeled and diced in bite-size
- 2 tsp dried chives
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 15 oz coconut milk - unsweetened, low- or full-fat
- 3 cups veggie broth
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- salt and black pepper to taste
In a large pot, start by cooking the leeks on medium-high heat until browned stirring often, about 5 minutes. Use a small amount of oil or water to prevent the veggies from sticking to the pot.
Then, add the garlic, cauliflower, potatoes, dried thyme, chives and a good pinch of salt. Stir and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
Add the veggie broth and coconut milk, stir well and cover. Cook until the veggies are tender, about 10 minutes.
Then, using a immersion blender, blend some of the soup while leaving lots of pieces intact. You can also transfer some of the soup (about 3 cups) to a blender, blend to smooth and transfer back to the pot.
Add the shredded carrots to the pot, taste to adjust the seasoning and keep cooking for another 5 minutes or so. Serve warm.
CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE FOR UPDATES!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
SHARE BY EMAIL
- Be sure to clean properly the leeks as they hide dirt easily. Check out the blog post for more tips on how to clean them.
- Keep leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 5 days. Simply reheat in the microwave or on the stove.
- Serve with dinner rolls or crackers and sprinkle with ground black pepper, fresh herbs or croutons.