Avocado Green Goddess Dressing (Vegan and Oil-Free)
This fresh and tangy avocado green goddess dressing is such a treat! It is easy and quick to prepare and simply made by combining vegan yogurt, avocado, plenty of fresh herbs, garlic, lemon juice and green onion. It makes for an incredibly flavorful dairy-free creamy sauce you will want to add over anything and everything!
Vegan Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
- 1 cup vegan plain yogurt - unsweetened
- 1 small-medium avocado - ripe
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt - or to taste
- 1 cup fresh cilantro - or other fresh herbs like dill, mint or basil
- ¾ cup fresh parsley
- 1 green onion or 2 tbsp fresh chives
To a food processor, add the yogurt, avocado, garlic, lemon juice, salt and nutritional yeast. Process until very smooth.
Then, add the fresh herbs and green onion and pulse a few times until desired texture. For a thinner sauce, add some water (1-2 tablespoon at the time) and process again.
Serve right away as a dip, stirred in pasta salads, garnishing buddha bowls, in green salads, sandwiches, etc.
CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE FOR UPDATES!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
SHARE BY EMAIL
- I used the Greek style almond yogurt from Kite Hill. You might have to adjust how much lemon juice to use depending on the tart level of the yogurt you choose.
- Storage tips: transfer to an air-tight container and cover with a plastic wrap touching the surface of the sauce. This can help the sauce to brown (due to the avocado being in contact with ambient air). Keep in the fridge for up to 4 days. Do not freeze.