No Bake Matcha Coconut Balls with Almond Flour
These no bake matcha coconut balls make for an amazing wholesome plant-based snack to boost your energy level. They feature nutrient dense ingredients such as shredded coconut, almond flour and matcha powder... and not a hint of oil! Keep some in the freezer so they are always ready to go.
- 1 ½ cup shredded coconut - fine
- 1 cup almond flour - choose fine and blanched almond flour
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp matcha powder - culinary grade
- ¼ cup vegan plain milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients until there are no clumps anymore.
Transfer the mixture to the fridge and let it rest for at least 20 minutes.
Then, roll in about 15 balls. I like to use an ice cream scoop so they are all about the same size, but any size is fine.
They can be eaten as is, but you can also cover them with more shredded coconut, chia seeds, coconut sugar, cacao nibs, etc.
CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE FOR UPDATES!
SHARE ON FACEBOOK
SHARE BY EMAIL
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days but they can also be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months. Let them thaw at room temperature before enjoying.
- The balls are not overly sweet, so if you want them sweeter (taste the batter after the resting time), then add a tablespoon or two of maple syrup extra or roll the balls in a little coconut sugar.
- Try rolling the balls in extra shredded coconut, cacao nibs, hemp seeds, chia seeds, etc.
- How to make them nut-free: you might be able to swap the almond flour for coconut flour, but start with less as it is more absorbent. You might have to play around with the ratio coconut flour/vegan milk until sticky enough to hold.
- These balls are completely gluten-free!
- Use very fine shredded coconut or desiccated coconut. Larger flakes will create too much texture and the balls might not hold well. If large coconut flakes is all you have, then give them a few pulse in the food processor being using!
- If the batter is not sticky enough AFTER the resting time, then try adding some more maple syrup or vegan milk and let it rest a little longer.