Vegan Apple Cinnamon Bread (Healthy and Oil-Free)
This vegan apple cinnamon bread is a perfect loaf to make in the fall. Filled with pieces of apple with hints of cinnamon, this quick bread is not overly sweet and amazing for breakfast, snack or even dessert. It is a healthy recipe that's made without oil, but tastes juste like apple cake!
- 2 cups flour - all purpose or white whole wheat
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tsp baking powder - aluminum free
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup vegan milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup apple sauce - unsweetened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups apples (Honey Crisp, Pink Lady, Gala or Fuji) - diced, plus a few extra thin slices for topping if desired
Pre-heat the oven to 350º. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper (I used a 4.5 x 8.5 in).
In a large bowl, combine the flour, ground flax seeds, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
In a medium bowl, combine the milk, maple syrup, apple sauce and vanilla extract.
Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and stir until combined (without over mixing). Then, add the diced apples and stir again until combined.
Transfer to the prepared loaf pan and distribute a few thin apple slices over, if desired. Bake in the oven for 1 hour. Let cool 15 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!
CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE FOR UPDATES! SHARE ON FACEBOOK SHARE BY EMAIL
- For storage, wait for the loaf to be completely cooled down, then slice. Transfer to a air-tight container and keep at room temperature for up to 48 hours. For longer storage or if the weather is very warm, then keep in the fridge for up to 4 days. Can also be frozen.
- You can add more spices like nutmeg or cardamom, walnuts, pecans or raisins. Feel free to also generously spread some vegan date caramel over the whole loaf or at serving.