Turmeric Oatmeal with Blueberries
This glowing turmeric oatmeal recipe is easy, filled with warming flavors and is such a fun way to enjoy more of turmeric's powerful anti-inflammatory benefits. It makes for a beautiful golden oatmeal that feels like a warm hug in a bowl. Such a great healthy start to your day!
- ¾ cup rolled oats - gluten-free if necessary
- 1 ½ cup vegan milk - I used oat milk
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup or other sweetener - or to taste
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup blueberries - fresh or frozen, see note
- fresh blueberries, drizzle of coconut milk, shredded coconut, nuts, chia seeds - optional
Combine all the ingredients in a medium pot and turn on the heat to medium-high. Bring to a gentle boil (watch carefully to it does not overflow) and then, turn down the heat to low. Keep cooking uncovered while stirring often for about 5-10 minutes or until desired consistency. (Do not over-stir your oatmeal while cooking or the mixture will turn green!)
Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with the ingredients of your choice. Enjoy while still warm.
CLICK TO SUBSCRIBE FOR UPDATES! SHARE ON FACEBOOK SHARE BY EMAIL
- If you want to use frozen blueberries, then add them towards the end of cooking the oatmeal. If adding them too early, they will cook too much and turn your oatmeal to a bright green color.
- This will make for 1 portion, but you can also double-triple this recipe and store the leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge (the oatmeal will thicken while cooling down). Reheat in the microwave or on the stove, make sure to add a splash of milk or water and stir to loosen up the oats.