It’s getting hot outside, which means it’s time for lemonade! This tart and sweet summer refreshment is not only a classic kid-friendly drink, but also a perfect adult summer sip. And the best part is how easy and healthy this recipe is. Skip the white sugar and let the delicious juicy and naturally sweet strawberries bring that unique taste and beautiful color. This strawberry lemonade is clearly the perfect way to celebrate the arrival of summer.
How is this strawberry lemonade an healthier version?
Typical fruit lemonade usually implicates making a sugar concentrated syrup on the stove, a sugary fruit purée then straining it and finally mixing it with freshly squeezed lemon juice and water. We can do better than this!
– No granulated sugar in there. You won’t miss it, I promise. Lemon juice is very tart, so for sure you will need to add something sweet, but choose a lick of liquid sweetener (I like maple syrup) until the harsh bitter taste of the lemon is gone.
– No need to strain the fruits. You want to keep all the precious fibers in the lemonade, don’t you? The strawberries are first blended with a bit of water to reach a smooth texture, then mixed with the rest of the ingredients. You will end up with some texture in the lemonade, which make it even more interesting!
It’s easy to change up the recipe too! Try it using raspberries and blueberries instead of strawberries for a fun variation. Only, you might have to adjust the liquid sweetener amount depending of the sweetness level of the fruits. Or, if you feel like really celebrating, change it to a cocktail and add a little hint of vodka, for an adult-only treat. Yum!
Are you looking for more strawberry recipes? You will also love these Strawberry almond muffin! Also, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and Pinterest and subscribe to my Newsletter to be sure not to miss any updates!
- 4 cup strawberries roughly chopped, more for serving
- 8-10 tbsp maple syrup or to taste
- 6 cup water
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 7-8)
- ice cubes optional
- In a blender, blend together the strawberries, maple syrup and 2 cups of water.
- Transfer the strawberry mixture to a large pitcher, then add the lemon juice and the rest of the water (4 cups). Mix well. Taste and adjust the sweetness level.
- Pour in glasses containing ice cubes, if desired. Enjoy!